Friday, January 6, 2012

Full Term Reflections

My pregnancy journey has been relatively boring so far, and by boring I mean smooth. I was blessed not to have extreme morning sickness, unbearable fatigue, unpredictable mood swings, and weird cravings. I only craved what I always crave (mexican, in-n-out, pizza, mac&cheese, pb&j, hot Cheetos, yum!). My third trimester has probably been the most difficult mainly because of big belly and gravity is not on my side with easing the extra weight! I've gained ~32 pounds to date and my goal is to gain no more than 35. I also have this pelvic pain on my right side which makes it difficult to put all my weight on my right leg, toss around in bed, or get out of bed for that matter. That and my joint pains in my hands are my only complaint...oh and taking prenatal vitamins! Yuck! The pills are so huge and leave a nasty after taste in your mouth. Sometimes I conveniently "forget" to take them :P shh...

It's kind of crazy to think that I only have 3 more weeks of being pregnant. I feel like I've been pregnant my whole life and I forget what it's like to be normal, if there will ever be a "normal" again. I guess our standard of "normal" constantly changes with each stage of life. Well, whether we're ready or not for our new normal, baby Lo (and yes, his name is still TBD) is coming soon! I've reached full term now and just started packing my hospital bag today (eeps!). Hubby also installed the car seat in the car this week so I guess it's really happening!!

1 comment: