Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Monday - Pad See Ew

Without a doubt, Thai food in the bay area far exceeds anything in socal. In fact I think I had Thai food once in my life before coming to Berkeley and I don't remember it being spectacular. But once I tried it in college, I had it over and over again. Pad Thai, Pad See Ew, and eggplant plates were my go-to dishes. It is definitely comfort food for a rainy evening, a pick me up after a hard day of work, or just a plain feeling gluttonous day! :D

In honor of my love for Thai food, I attempted to make Pad See Ew with chicken and broccoli for the first time. Also, I didn't really use a specific recipe but read a bunch of different ones and improvised.  It wasn't restaurant quality, but it was tasty enough. I'll definitely have to try it again! :)

 It seems cheaper to buy Pad See Ew than to make it, or maybe it's about the same. Or maybe it's me trying to make myself feel better about eating out, shrug :)

Berkeley bowl didn't really have a good selection of rice noodles and I think actual Pad See Ew has thicker noodles. Maybe next time I should try 99 ranch! 

Have a great week guys! =)

5 comments:

  1. ooooH! good job hanna!!! i'm a little afraid of super ethnic foods... they never seem to taste quite right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks betho :) yea, i know what you mean hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. 99 Ranch does have those noodles, from what I recall. I've made the Chinese equivalent before -- it's kinda annoying to separate the noodles, though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really yummy! :) I agree, Thai food in NorCal is waaay better than anything in SoCal! :) <3

    ReplyDelete