Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Monday - Pork Chops


We don't eat a lot of pork here at the Lo residence. Today was probably the first time we ate pork chops at home! The only other pork we've probably eaten at home is the korean style "sam gyup sal" which is more like bacon. Pork is challenging to cook because you need to cook it all the way through but also need to be careful not to overcook it. Not too much to ask for right? I had a little help in the kitchen today from Mr. Lo. He did an EXCELLENT job cooking the pork. It was perfectly tender with delicious reduced gravy. Talk about yum! 

For veggies, I boiled some fresh "yu choy" which I picked up from the Oakland Farmer's market. I think I've fallen in love with these veggies! They are so delicious with a little bit of garlic, s&p. Lastly, just added some corn on the cob on the side with reduced fat TJ's spreadable butter.

Hope you guys have a great week! 

4 comments:

  1. DEEEEEEEELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooo good! I love pork, but I agree that it's a little challenging to cook it just right! :)

    <3 Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate cooking pork for that reason as well. i also avoid cooking salmon for the same reason -- its really easy to overcook that as well.

    ReplyDelete